|Campbell Hall Replacement Project|
Rendering of new Campbell Hall
Campbell Hall is being replaced with a new facility that will house the departments of Astronomy and Physics, including the Center for Integrated Precision and Quantum Measurement, a high stability, low noise research facility. The new Campbell will also include a roof top observatory; a radio observatory; research facilities; faculty and staff offices; and other support spaces. Construction is expected to continue through 2014.
This project is being implemented in accordance with UC Berkeley green building practices and is registered to receive a LEED Silver rating. Construction funded in part with a grant from The U.S. Department of Commerce, NIST.
There are a number of temporary changes to circulation around Campbell that will be in place throughout construction. They include:
- Closure of the sidewalk and parking lane adjacent to Campbell. Pedestrians will be directed to use a walkway on the Mining Circle.
- New crosswalks, including new curb ramps.
- A temporary covered ramp from University Drive to the LeConte loading area to allow for deliveries during construction of Campbell.
- One-way only traffic on Oppenheimer Way (the north/south roadway between Gilman and LeConte Halls), which will remain open throughout construction.
- Parking relocation to Oppenheimer Way, on the west side of Gilman Hall. The spaces moved include Nobel Laureate, Disabled, and Physics Reserved spaces. They are scheduled to remain on Oppenheimer Way through construction of Campbell.
Links to Resources: [Adobe Acrobat 10.0 PDF]
Campbell Replacement Addendum
Weekly Construction Update
Campbell Hall Project Webcam
EarthCam perspective from Evans Hall rooftop - 15 minute increments.
Webcam of the Campbell Hall Replacement project
Courtesy of Joseph W. Richards, Ph.D. NSF-CDI Postdoctoral Researcher Center for Time Domain Informatics Department of Astronomy, UC Berkeley. The webcam - set up in Evans Hall - uploads a new image of Campbell every 15 minutes to this website: http://lyra.berkeley.edu/cftdi_webcam/campbell.jpg
The Golden Bear will lead you back to the Facilities Services Home Page
Last edited on 06/12/2014.